Birth Injury Law
An Advocate For Children Injured At Birth
In an instant, a newborn’s life can change for the worse, and if the medical professionals and doctors who are responsible for a safe birthing process act negligently, it is the child and the family who have to deal with the consequences.
With help from a lawyer at the Law Firm of Michael H. Bereston, Inc., you can get the compensation to fund a life care plan, including medical and rehabilitation benefits that you deserve. We represent clients statewide and in the D.C. metro area in birth injury claims, medical malpractice claims and other injury claims. Our team only advocates for those who have been injured.
Annapolis birth injury lawyer Michael H. Bereston has more than 20 years of trial experience representing clients in complex birth injury claims. As a trial lawyer, he recognizes the importance of thorough and detailed preparation. He uses a broad range of experts in birth injury claims and has the skills necessary to successfully advocate for injured victims and their families.
We have experience handling a broad range of cases, some including:
- Brachial plexus (Erb’s palsy) — Mistakes made during birth can result in nerve damage causing lifelong paralysis to the arm.
- Brain injuries — Oxygen deprivation at birth can result in serious brain injuries.
- Cerebral palsy — Infections during pregnancy, untreated jaundice, oxygen deprivation, head trauma and other birth mistakes can cause cerebral palsy.
- Failure to perform a timely C-section — Delays in C-section can result in oxygen deprivation, brain injuries and death to the infant.
- Gestational diabetes — Undetected and untreated gestational diabetes can cause a myriad of issues, including placental abruption, neonatal hypoglycemia, premature birth, macrosomia and stillbirth.
- Negligent fetal monitoring — Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring during labor is a routine practice. If not done correctly, medical professionals can miss health warnings which can result in serious injuries or death.
- Placenta previa — Much monitoring and care must be given to women with placenta previa. Failure to adequately monitor, perform blood transfusions, administer steroid and RhoGam, and perform a timely C-section can result in serious health risks to the mother and baby.
- Preeclampsia — Identification and treatment of preeclampsia is necessary to avoid health risks to the mother and baby, such as impaired liver and kidney function, blood clotting problems, seizures, brain injuries and death.
- Shoulder dystocia — Specific medical techniques can be used to prevent and treat shoulder dystocia, failure to do so can result in major injuries or death.
We recognize that families face a seemingly insurmountable number of challenges in dealing with the aftereffects of a birth injury. Our team is here to help you through the legal process by providing step-by-step guidance and strong support.
Contact Us For Help After A Birth Injury
To schedule an initial consultation with attorney Michael H. Bereston, please call 410-793-4554 or send him an email online. Our firm is located in Annapolis, and we accept cases throughout Maryland and also in the D.C. metro area.